[ovirt-users] Installation of oVirt 4.1, Gluster Storage and Hosted Engine

Simone Marchioni s.marchioni at lynx2000.it
Mon Jul 10 10:26:35 UTC 2017

Il 07/07/2017 23:21, Gianluca Cecchi ha scritto:
> Il 07/Lug/2017 18:38, "Simone Marchioni" <s.marchioni at lynx2000.it
> <mailto:s.marchioni at lynx2000.it>> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi to all,
>
>     I have an old installation of oVirt 3.3 with the Engine on a
>     separate server. I wanted to test the last oVirt 4.1 with Gluster
>     Storage and Hosted Engine.
>
>     Followed the following tutorial:
>
>     http://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4.1-and-gluster-storage/
>     <http://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4.1-and-gluster-storage/>
>

>     ... snip ...
>

>     [script1]
>     action=execute
>     ignore_script_errors=no
>     file=/usr/share/ansible/gdeploy/scripts/grafton-sanity-check.sh -d
>     sdb -h ha1.domain.it <http://ha1.domain.it>,ha2.domain.it
>     <http://ha2.domain.it>,ha3.domain.it <http://ha3.domain.it>
>
>     ... snip ...
>

>     When I hit "Deploy" button the Deployment fails with the following
>     error:
>
>     PLAY [gluster_servers]
>     *********************************************************
>
>     TASK [Run a shell script]
>     ******************************************************
>     fatal: [ha1.domain.it <http://ha1.domain.it>]: FAILED! =>
>     {"failed": true, "msg": "The conditional check 'result.rc != 0'
>     failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional
>     (result.rc != 0): 'dict object' has no attribute 'rc'"}
>     fatal: [ha2.domain.it <http://ha2.domain.it>]: FAILED! =>
>     {"failed": true, "msg": "The conditional check 'result.rc != 0'
>     failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional
>     (result.rc != 0): 'dict object' has no attribute 'rc'"}
>     fatal: [ha3.domain.it <http://ha3.domain.it>]: FAILED! =>
>     {"failed": true, "msg": "The conditional check 'result.rc != 0'
>     failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional
>     (result.rc != 0): 'dict object' has no attribute 'rc'"}
>         to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/tmpcV3lam/run-script.retry
>
>     PLAY RECAP
>     *********************************************************************
>     ha1.domain.it <http://ha1.domain.it>         : ok=0    changed=0
>       unreachable=0 failed=1
>     ha2.domain.it <http://ha2.domain.it>         : ok=0    changed=0
>       unreachable=0 failed=1
>     ha3.domain.it <http://ha3.domain.it>         : ok=0    changed=0
>       unreachable=0 failed=1
>
>     What I'm doing wrong? Maybe I need to initializa glusterfs in some
>     way...
>     What are the logs used to log the status of this deployment so I
>     can check the errors?
>
>     Thanks in advance!
>     Simone
>

> Gdeploy uses ansible that seems to fail at its first step when
> executing its shell module
>
> http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/shell_module.html
>
> In practice in my opinion the shell script defined by [script1]
> (grafton-sanity-check.sh) above doesn't exit with a return code (rc)
> [...]

Hi Gianluca,

thanks for your reply.
I didn't do any previous step: the 3 servers are freshly installed.
The disk was wrong: I had to use /dev/md128. Replaced sdb with the
correct one and redeployed, but the error was exactly the same. The
disks are already initialized because I created the XFS filesystem on
/dev/md128 before the deploy.

In /var/log/messages there is no error.

Hi,
Simone