[ovirt-users] 2 hosts starting the engine at the same time?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 10:42:38 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 11:12 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
> <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello.
> >> I'm on 4.1.3 with self hosted engine and glusterfs as storage.
> >> I updated the kernel  on engine so I executed these steps:
> >>
> >> - enable global maintenace from the web admin gui
> >> - wait some minutes
> >> - shutdown the engine vm from inside its OS
> >> - wait some minutes
> >> - execute on one host
> >> [root at ovirt02 ~]# hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=none
> >>
> >> I see that the qemu-kvm process for the engine starts on two hosts and
> >> then on one of them it gets a "kill -15" and stops
> >> Is it expected behaviour?
>
> In the 'hosted-engine' script itself, in the function cmd_vm_start,
> there is a comment:
>     # TODO: Check first the sanlock status, and if allows:
>
> Perhaps ha-agent checks sanlock status before starting the VM?
> Adding Martin.
>
> Please also check/share agent.log.
>

> --
> Didi

Agent.log in gzip format for ovirt01 here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvTnk2TWtvc0Fwakk/view?usp=sharing

Agent.log in gzip format for ovirt02 here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvZV9seEVLSGRkeGM/view?usp=sharing

Agent.log in gzip format for ovirt03 here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvN2E1dmlld2Ftekk/view?usp=sharing

Do you understand why my engine vm remains in "Booting from Hard Disk"
screen from these logs?

Thanks,
Gianluca