[ovirt-users] Template for imported VMs?

Eduardo Mayoral emayoral at arsys.es
Tue Jul 11 10:28:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

    I am using oVirt 4.1 and I am importing a significant number of VMs
from VMWare. So far, everything is fine.

    However, I find that after importing each VM I have to modify some
parameters of the imported VM (Timezone, VM type from desktop to server,
VNC console...).

    I have those parameters changed on the "blank" template, but it
seems that the import process is not picking that template as the base
for the imported VM. Where is the import process picking the defaults
for the imported VM from? Can those be changed? I have failed to find
that information on the docs.

    Thanks in advance!

--
Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno (emayoral at arsys.es)
Administrador de sistemas. Departamento de Plataformas. Arsys internet.