[ovirt-users] workflow suggestion for the creating and destroying the VMs?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri Jul 21 18:09:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks,the downscaling is important for me,

It really depends on the guest OS cooperation. While off-lining a CPU is
relatively easy, hot-unplugging memory is a bigger challenge for the OS.

 i was testing something like:
>  1) clone from actual vm(super slow,even if it is 20GB OS, needs more
> investigation,nfs is bottle neck)
> 2) start it with dhcp,
> 3) somehow find the ip
> 4) sync parameters between running vm and new vm.
>
> looks that everything might be possible with the python sdk...
>
> are there some examples or tutorials with cloudinitscripts?

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/start_vm_with_cloud_init.py

But you could also use Ansible, might be even easier:
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/ovirt_vms_module.html#examples

Y.