[ovirt-users] oVirt and Foreman

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Mon Jul 24 15:07:50 UTC 2017

Hello list

is anybody successfully using oVirt + Foreman for VM creation +
provisioning?

I'm using Foremn (latest version, 1.15.2) with latest oVirt version
(4.1.3) but I'm encountering several problem, especially related to
disks. For example:

- cannot create a VM with multiple disks though Foreman CLI (hammer)

- if I create a multidisk VM from Foreman, the second disk always gets
the "bootable" flag and not the primary image, making the VMs not
bootable at all.

Any other Foreman user sharing the pain here? Foramn's list is not so
useful so I'm trying to ask here. How do you programmatically create
virtual machines with oVirt and Foreman? Should I switch do directly
using oVirt API?

Thanks in advance

Davide