[ovirt-users] Migration network used also as vm network

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:24:27 UTC 2017

Hello,
I have a 10Gbit vlan defined as migration network and currently not enabled
as vm network.
When you configure a host interface, assigning a vlan that is defined as
migration network, you must assign an ip to it on the host.

Suppose I want to edit this vlan in DC so that I enable it to be also a VM
network, are there any drawbacks having for example on a host the ip for
this vlan (the migration ip) and also one or more running VMs with their
vnics configured on this vlan too...?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca