[ovirt-users] user can see other user's vms

Hari Gowtham hgowtham at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 12:22:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

we have been trying to use ovirt to let the other devs in our team
spawn vms and use it.
we are nearly done with the setup. we have the hosted engine up,
created gluster volumes and now we have setup the login to the portal
too. While trying to spawn vms we noticed that,
The admin can view, start or stop the vms on the machines which is fine.
But we can see that the users can see each other user's vms too.
This will make it possible for one user to start or stop other user's
vm which we don't want to happen.
we need to avoid this situation were one user has access to other user's vm.
A particular user should be able to see the vms created by him alone
So that he will have the ability to stop his own vms alone. What is
the best way to create this setup?

Is this the way it was designed to work or have i done something wrong here?
Do let me know.

--
Regards,
Hari Gowtham.