[ovirt-users] Wrong CPU type set on ovirt node on ovirt version 3.6.4.1-1.el6 - anyone know a fix ?

Joseph Kelly Joseph.Kelly at tradingscreen.com
Thu Jul 27 01:54:24 UTC 2017

Hello,

Has anyone come across a fix for this, in that I have a one node cluster in which the cluster CPU type is reporting correctly as:
Cluster CPU Type:Intel SandyBridge Family

But the only node is showing:

CPU Type:Intel Haswell-noTSX Family

However on my node both vdsm and cpuinfo agree on the the cpu model its just that webadmin GUI is reporting
"Intel Haswell-noTSX Family" as the CPU type.

# vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCapabilities | egrep -i cpuModel
cpuModel = 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz'
#cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" | head -n 1
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz

We're still using ovirt t version 3.6.4.1-1.el6 but are trying to move to 4.1.x

And I suspect that a possible fix might to do this:

1) shutdown VM's on the problem node put it into maintenance mode and online it again.
2) if that doesn't work then put into maintenance mode again and restart vdsmd and online the node again.

or does this need to be directly updated in the postgres DB for that node ? If so does anyone know how to do that ?

Thanks,
Joe.

--
J. Kelly