[ovirt-users] oVirt and Foreman

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 09:17:54 UTC 2017

On 07/27/2017 09:46 AM, Davide Ferrari wrote:
> On 25/07/17 10:59, Davide Ferrari wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I've attached logs from:
>>
>> - hammer cli (debug) with the command line I've used
>>
>> - foreman logs
>>
>> - ovirt engine logs (server.log)
>>

> Any idea about what might be happening?

Looks like the oVirt engine is rejecting the request to add the disk
because some of the related entities doesn't exist. This is the relevant
message in the engine log:

   2017-07-25 08:28:03,063Z ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.api.restapi.resource.AbstractBackendResource] (default
task-51) [] Operation Failed: Entity not found:
23f8f1ae-a3ac-47bf-8223-5b5f7c29e508

Would be nice if you can check the /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log in the
oVirt engine machine. There should be a line there with the 404 HTTP
status, something like this:

   POST /ovirt-engine/api/vms/<vm_id>/disks 404

What is the exact content of that line? Is the VM id the one that
appears in the above message.

Also, can you check what are the identifiers of the relevant data center
and storage domains?

There should also be additional details in the
/var/log/ovirt-engine/server.log file. Please check it.