[ovirt-users] oVirt VM backups

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 13:28:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:

> Now that I think of this, it's probably just as easy to write as an
> Ansible role and add it to https://github.com/machacekondra/ovirt-ansible-
> roles

Hi Yaniv,
as the user asked for a GUI too, I think that using Ansible for oVirt
backup could be improved by an available GUI.
I have just seen that there is a sort of "survey" to see what is the
feeling/interest in having an opensource alternative for commercial Red Hat
Tower here:

https://www.ansible.com/open-tower

I just joined and who is interested could do the same.
Afaik there is currently only the limited feature Semaphore at the moment
(never tested by me, while I have some experience in using commercial
Tower):
https://github.com/ansible-semaphore/semaphore

Share your comments,
Gianluca