[ovirt-users] oVirt and Foreman

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Fri Jul 28 16:03:05 UTC 2017

On 28/07/17 17:46, Juan Hernández wrote:

> The oVirt access log indeed shows that three disks are added to the
> virtual machine. May it be that Foreman thinks that it has to
> explicitly add a boot disk? Ohad, Ivan, any idea?

I've explicitly added the template id to the hammer command line and
still adds 3 disks but at least now two of them respect the size I'm
passing through Hammer. But it still sets a random disk as the bootable
one and I cannot find a way to force to use the disk already present in
the oVirt template as the bootable one
Is there a way in oVirt to log the JSONs passed in the various POST
requests?

>> More over, looking at
>> /ovirt-engine/api/vms/47f5035a-696c-4578-ace9-b23d865c6aa7/disks it
>> throws a 404, the endpoint seems to be
>> /ovirt-engine/api/vms/47f5035a-696c-4578-ace9-b23d865c6aa7/diskattachments
>> while
>> /ovirt-engine/api/vms/47f5035a-696c-4578-ace9-b23d865c6aa7/disks
>> seems to work only with API v3. Maybe I should change the base URL
>> for the ovirt's API in foreman config, shouldn't I?
>>

> I think you don't need to change anything there. Foreman uses
> 'rbovirt', and 'rbovirt' explicitly requests version 3 of the API
> using the 'Version: 3' header.

Well, I've added it anyway and it didn't break anything :)