[ovirt-users] "Could not detect Guest Agent on VM"

Sven Achtelik Sven.Achtelik at eps.aero
Mon Jun 12 16:26:51 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have several Windows VMs (Server 2012, Server 2012 R2) running and the guest tools are installed. IF I go and check the Services in those VMs I can also see the "Ovirt Guest Service" running and the "QEMU Guest Agent" running. Also there is Information about the VM show in the GUI, like installed applications etc.. I've tried several Versions of the tools and even with the latest 4.1.5 I can't get that message to disappear.

Am I doing something wrong ?

How does this affect the Backup-API and possible Snapshots are taken for Backups ?

If you have any hints please let me know.

Thank you,

Sven