[ovirt-users] oVirt Hosted Engine Setup fails

Manuel Luis Aznar manuel.luis.aznar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:48:32 UTC 2017

Hello there,

I am having some trouble when deploying an oVirt 4.1 hosted engine
installation.

When I m just to end the installation and the hosted engine setup script is
about to start the Vm engine (appliance) it fails saying "The VM is not
powring up".

If I double check the service vdsmd i get this error all the time:

vdsm root ERROR failed to retrieve Hosted Engine HA info
 Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/host/api.py", line 231, in
_getHaInfo
         stats = instance.get_all_stats()
     File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/client/client.py",
line 102, in get_all_stats
         with broker.connection(self._retries, self._wait):
     File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__
         return self.gen.next()
     File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/lib/brokerlink.py",
line 99, in connection
         self.connect(retries, wait)
     File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/lib/brokerlink.py",
line 78, in connect
         raise BrokerConnectionError(error_msg)
BrokerConnectionError: Failed to connect to broker, the number of errors
has exceeded the limit (1)

Did anyone have experimented the same problem?¿? Any hint on How to solved
it?¿? I have tried several times with clean installations and always
getting the same...

The host where I am trying to do the installation have CentOS 7...

Thanks for all in advance
Will be waiting for any hint to see what I am doing wrong...
Manuel Luis Aznar