[ovirt-users] VMs imported from libvirt have no cdrom device

Chris Boot bootc at bootc.net
Sun Mar 5 11:17:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've imported a number of VMs that I previously was running under a
self-hosted libvirt configuration. Most of the VMs at the source did not
have a cdrom device (but some did) because I just added one as I needed to.

Now that the VMs have been imported into oVirt, none of them have a
cdrom device. Even booting with the "Attach CD" option doesn't create a
cdrom device. I can't see any way to get oVirt to re-create the missing
device.

Is there a way for me to add these missing devices to my VMs?

I'm running oVirt 4.1 on CentOS 7.3.1611 with a hosted engine setup. VMs
were migrated from a Debian Stretch machine running libvirt 3.0.0 with
qemu 2.8.0.

Thanks,
Chris

--