[ovirt-users] Automatic restart of VM on another host if a host goes down

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Sun Mar 26 16:34:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

We are now using oVirt 4.1 in our lab with 2 hosts and a separate server
for engine. Both hosts (Dell R710 Servers) are in a single cluster and
load balancing & migrations work perfectly.

However, if a physical server goes down, the VMs running on that server,
gets paused ans status goes changes to "?". They do not move or restart
on the another host automatically. We have to manually intervene, stop
the VMs, restart them on another server.

Is there a way in which this migration can be automated?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava