[ovirt-users] Advise needed: building cheap HA oVirt cluster with just 2 physical servers

Eduardo Mayoral emayoral at arsys.es
Fri Nov 3 08:15:14 UTC 2017

Exporting the VMs to an export storage domain on the first server,
copying the files to another export storage domain on the second server
and importing it should work. What kind of problem did you find?

As for the order of doing things, my first oVirt lab was a 3-node setup
with gluster (oVirt version 4.0). I found this guide helpful:

https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2016/08/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4-0-and-gluster-storage/

I see there is a new version of it:

https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4.1-and-gluster-storage/

If I understand correctly you plan to re-use the server you already
have. I think you will probably find it much easier have to export your
VMs, re-deploy and import your VMs back. It means some downtime, but you
seem very constrained on the hardware available and there is not much
room to manouver...

Good luck!

Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno (emayoral at arsys.es)
Administrador de sistemas. Departamento de Plataformas. Arsys internet.
+34 941 620 145 ext. 5153