[ovirt-users] windows remote-viewer vs. linux vm: strange keyboard problem

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Fri Nov 3 09:00:23 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have the following strange problem with virt-viewer 5.0 and 6.0 on
Windows 10: when I connect to Linux VMs running on a OVirt 4.1 cluster
it sometimes is not possible to use e.g. "AltGr + q" to get the "@"-sign
or "AltGr+8" for "[" on my german keyboard. It seems to be a problem
only when I use a dual screen setup with Linux VMs.

It is possible to get it working by just moving the mouse to the top
center of the screen until the remote-viewer panel shows up. After this
the keyboard works for a short period of time until I work on the other
screen.

I tested CentOS 7,CentOS 6 and Fedora 26 VMs. Windows 7 VMs do not seem
to show this problem, so I'm not sure if it is a problem with
virt-/remote-viewer, OVirt/qemu or the Windows 10 client.

Does anybody else see this behaviour? What would the best place for a
bug report, OVirt and Spice/virt-viewer are separate teams, right?

thanks in advance,
Uwe