[ovirt-users] Import VM's from a dead ovirt domain

Wesley Stewart wstewart3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 02:36:54 UTC 2017

I am quite new to oVirt and only use it at home for the moment.  So I wont
be of much help.

But I was able to add a new export domain, and then copy the original
contents of my old domain into this export domain, which seemed to work
fine.  I just had to hit the "load" button while in the import section of
the web gui (but I am assuming you have done this already).

I have struggled understanding why you cannot simply just point to an oVirt
VM file and import this way, or "import" an export domain that already
exists.