[ovirt-users] Import VM's from a dead ovirt domain

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 02:55:19 UTC 2017

On 11/04/2017 04:08 PM, Joop wrote:
> On 4-11-2017 20:07, ~Stack~ wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Per my earlier adventures this week, my old domain is kaput. However,
>> all of the VM's were stored on a remote NFS server. I've been trying and
>> trying to import the VM's by copying them into the new data/export
>> domains, but it's not seeing them and I'm not getting much out of my
>> Internet searches.
>>
>> Thoughts on how I can import the old VM's into the new domain?
>>
> Add a temporary new data domain, without a master data domain you can't
> do much. After that you can import the old domain without making copies.

When I was dealing with my previous issue, this method was not working.
I was going to respond that this was a no-go, but thought "Well, this is
now a completely fresh build...I should try it."

And it worked!!

So further evidence that my previous install was just completely borked.

While slightly traumatic, this has been quite the educational learning
experience. :-)

Thank you very much for the suggestion.
~Stack~