[ovirt-users] New post on oVirt blog: Introducing oVirt 4.2.0 Beta

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Nov 5 10:21:20 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:12 PM, John Marks <jmarks at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> Just a quick heads up that there is a new post on the oVirt blog:
>>
>> Introducing oVirt 4.2.0 Beta
>> <https://ovirt.org/blog/2017/11/introducing-ovirt-4.2.0-beta/>
>>
>> In a nutshell:
>>
>> oVirt 4.2.0 Beta was released on October 31st. It includes stabilization
>> fixes and some nice new features. Read the blog post
>> <https://ovirt.org/blog/2017/11/introducing-ovirt-4.2.0-beta/>.
>>

>> Hello,
> in the blog there is something like:
> "
> Windows SPICE driver, for seamless remote access to virtual machines. The
> driver aims to improve the user experience and performance for Windows
> graphical guests.
> "
> Can anyone elaborate on that? Going at:
> https://ovirt.org/release/4.2.0/
> I don't see any particular note about spice, out of the
> deprecation/removal of spice-html5 support....

It refers to a new guest driver packages (QXL and vdagent):
This release adds a new spice-qxl-wddm-dod package, containing a
display-only-driver (DOD) for the QXL (virtual) device. It can be installed
on Windows 10 virtual machines. This driver adds support for:
- Arbitrary Resolution
- Multi-Monitor
- Client Mouse mode

HTH,