[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 4.2.0 First Beta Release is now available for testing

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Tue Nov 7 18:45:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 7:36 PM, FERNANDO FREDIANI <
> fernando.frediani at upx.com> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. Otherwise it would apply 'one size fits all' as mentioned and
>> that is not the case.
>>
>> Applying guidelines is something very good to do, by removing stuff that
>> may only be 'recent trend' or 'buzz stuff' considering the audience that
>> will use it is even better practice. I don't think oVirt Admins can be
>> considered masses in that sense.
>>
>> Has anyone seen a NOC or Operating Center using Tablets or Mobile Phones
>> to manage their infrastructure ? No, they use Desktops/Laptops and a Mouse
>> ;-)
>

> In all the cool television show they have a tablet ;-)
>
> Seriously though, today more and more laptops have a touch-sensitive
> screen. And a long press is equal to right click and I do find it
> comfortable to have.
> I didn't know GMail had a right click-menu, but since I've learned about
> it, I've been using it and finding it handy (even though the buttons are
> just on top and not far away from the email list).
> Y.

Everyone: thanks for the feedback so far!

After some team discussion and consultation with the PatternFly team, we're
going to re-add a right-click menu for the grids. A patch should be merged
in the next week.

[image: Inline image 1]

Best wishes,
Greg

--

GREG SHEREMETA

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHV UX

Red Hat NA

<https://www.redhat.com/>

gshereme at redhat.com    IRC: gshereme
<https://red.ht/sig>