[ovirt-users] Advise needed: building cheap HA oVirt cluster with just 2 physical servers

Artem Tambovskiy artem.tambovskiy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:52:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

Can anyone share their experience on deploying hosted-engine with GlusterFS
cluster?

I managed to setup a GlusterFS cluster and started to deploy hosted engine.
At first stage I was beaten by firewall rules - the deployment process
interrupted at GlusterFS config stage.
After fixing the rules I got engine up and running, but the host is
non-operational state still. Logged in to Web UI -> and see 2 action
points: "Gluster command failed on server" and Gluster status is
disconnected for this server"

This is a bit strange, since the cluster was properly detected during
deployment and deployment script was supposed to configure the cluster.

          --== STORAGE CONFIGURATION ==--

          Please specify the storage you would like to use (glusterfs,
iscsi, fc, nfs3, nfs4)[nfs3]: glusterfs
[ INFO  ] Please note that Replica 3 support is required for the shared
storage.
          Please specify the full shared storage connection path to use
(example: host:/path): xxxx.xxxxx.xx:/oVirt
[ INFO  ] GlusterFS replica 3 Volume detected
          Do you want to configure this host and its cluster for gluster?
(Yes, No) [No]: Yes
[ INFO  ] GlusterFS replica 3 Volume detected

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Artem