[ovirt-users] Problem to login virtengine on remote browser

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 12:34:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Problem to login virtengine on remote browser
> client is not authorized to request an authorization

Please check recent thread on this list, with subject "[ovirt-users]
engine FQDN".

> vm1 - ovirtengine on CentOS 7, Gnome desktop (internal IP 192.168.8.8)
> vm2 - ovirt node on CentOS 7, minimal (internal IP 192.168.8.5)
> Host - Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome desktop
> KVM
>
> vm1
> ===
> on Firefox running;
> ovirtengine.example.com
> I can login 'oVirt Open Virtualization Manager'
>
> on Firefox running;
> 192.168.8.5:9090 (ovirt node IP)
> I can login ovirt node as root
>
> Host
> ====
> on Firefox running;
> ovirtengine.example.com
> Server not found
> (Firewall of vm1 already stopped running;
> # systemctl stop firewalld )

"Server not found" is usually unrelated to the firewall, but is a result
of bad/missing name resolution.

> if running;
> 192.168.8.8 (IP of vm1)
> I can connect 'oVirt Open Virtualization Manager' but I can't login with
> following warning:
> 'The client is not authorized to request an authorization. It's required to
> access the system using FQDN.'

Indeed, see the other thread.

If this isn't enough, please provide more details - the name you provided
as engine FQDN during engine-setup, whether you fixed name resolution -
by updating the dns or the hosts file, etc.

Regards,

> on Firefox running;
> 192.168.8.5:9090  (ovirt node IP)
> I can login ovirt node as root