[ovirt-users] how to clean stuck task

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:41:56 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM, <nicolas at devels.es> wrote:

> oVirt upgrade to 4.1.7 will probably cleanup this stale task. However, if
> you want to do it before upgrading, run this command:
>
>    PGPASSWORD=... /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils/unlock_entity.sh
> -t all -u engine
>
> Note that unlock_entity.sh has many flags and this is just an example
> (should clean all stale tasks).
>
> You can find the PGPASSWORD value in the /etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/10-setup-database.conf
> file. As of 4.2 you won't need to supply credentials anymore [1].
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicolás

It seems it didn't work as expected.
I got this at command line output

"
select fn_db_unlock_all();

INSERT 0 1
unlock all  completed successfully.
"

But the task remains in webadmin gui and I got an alert message in alert
section, of this type
"
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils/unlock_entity.sh : System user root
run manually unlock_entity script on entity [type,id] [all,] with db user
engine
"

Gianluca