[ovirt-users] Problem to login virtengine on remote browser

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Nov 12 08:07:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> What do you mean by that? What error message do you get?
>> Can you ssh from the engine machine to this address manually?
>> If not, first solve this, then try again to add it.
>> Perhaps it's the firewall blocking or something like that.
>
> Status - Install Failed
> Nov 9, 2017 7:01:44 PM
> Host ovirtnode.example.com installation failed. Command returned failure
> code 1 during SSH session 'root at 192.168.8.5'.
>
> Nov 9, 2017 7:01:43 PM
> Failed to install Host ovirtnode.example.com. Failed to execute stage 'Setup
> validation': Hardware does not support virtualization.

OK. So it can be connected, but fails later on.

> Nov 9, 2017 7:01:43 PM
> Host ovirtnode.example.com installation in progress . Machine does not
> support constant timestamp counter, this may effect performance.

Perhaps you want to check that too, but can be done later.

> On Host Terminal:
> $ ssh root at 192.168.8.5 (ovirt node IP)
> The authenticity of host '192.168.8.5 (192.168.8.5)' can't be established.
> ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:J2gMI1fvZj5dNC36YClUjAGHQrnszQ23y46xjNcJnYw.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
>
> Whether I have to proceed here first, connecting "ovirt note"?
>
> $ egrep -c '(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo
> 8
>
> $ uname -m
> x86_64
>
> $ kvm-ok
> INFO: /dev/kvm exists
> KVM acceleration can be used

Please check/share the host-deploy log.
You can find it on the engine machine, under /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy.
Search there for 'Hardware does not support virtualization' and look at the
checks before that line. Or just upload the file somewhere and share a link.
Thanks,

--
Didi