[ovirt-users] 4.1 Engine - Networking Question

andreil1 at starlett.lv andreil1 at starlett.lv
Sun Nov 12 19:20:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm installing my first oVirt system and have networking questions.
Test PC have 2 ethernet interfaces:
enp4s0, bridged to ovirtmgr, IP=192.168.0.171
enp5s1, IP=192.168.0.172

What is best networking setup for several guest VMs running, and if
guest VM is using ovirtmgr as NIC, what are IP parameters of that NIC
within guest? DHCP ? Or 192.168.0.174, etc. ?

After tests system will be moved to HP server with several NICs, some
NICs will be shared among linux VM guests, and net throughput critical
will use their own dedicated NICs. Should I down 2nd (throughput
critical) them in host system, so guest see and attach them as pure
hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrei