[ovirt-users] 4.1 engine-iso-uploader / root password glitch

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 07:54:24 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM, andreil1 at starlett.lv
<andreil1 at starlett.lv> wrote:
> On 11/13/2017 05:36 AM, Yihui Zhao wrote:
>
> can you try the admin password?
>

> already did, same result.
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:10 AM, andreil1 at starlett.lv <andreil1 at starlett.lv>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to upload iso with this coomand.
>> engine-iso-uploader --ssh-user=root --iso-domain=iso upload suse.iso
>>
>> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
>> user (CTRL+D to abort):
>> This go OK.
>>
>> However, then it asks root password, I enter it, then it asks again and
>> again. Root password is correct for sure, becuase I can coonect vis ssh
>> from terminal.
>>
>> How to fix this problem?

Can you please share the log? Thanks.

>> May be its possible just to copy files manually?

It is. Locate the iso domain on your storage server.
Inside it you'll find a directory whose name is a random
uuid, inside it 'images', and inside it a directory named:
'11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111'.
You can put your iso files inside that one. Make sure they
are readable by user:group 36:36.

>> Thanks in advance.
>> Andrei

Didi