[ovirt-users] recommendations for best performance and reliability

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Mon Nov 13 12:27:40 UTC 2017

Hello Rudi

If you have a 4th server it may work,but I am not knowledgeable about
Gluster's GEOreplication. Perhaps someone else can advise.

With regards RAID 5 for 4 disks this is intended for capacity and as
mentioned 4 disks is the maximum I would use for RAID5. As you have SSDs
and intend to use a caching technique like bcache ou dm-cache this
should cover the performance hit of RAID 5 write.
If you consider using RAID 6 in only 4 disks you are much better of
using RAID 10 then as you will have double write performance and same
capacity. I normally use RAID 10 or in ZFS configurations (not this
case) multiple vdevs of RAID6.

For RAID in Linux I have been using mdraid. I know LVM does some Raid
but I personally never done myself so can't advise.

Regards.
Fernando