[ovirt-users] Host in kdumping state

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Mon Nov 13 14:58:17 UTC 2017

Sorry for not following-up...well as strange as it sounds, after replacing
the faulty HW while keeping the same old disks (basically putting the disks
in a new identical server) the kdumping error disappeared and the host is
back working as usual.
Maybe "kdumping" is displayed after a kernel panic reboot?

Thanks

> Hosts should not be stuck in that status.
> Can you please attach the engine logs + the relevant host's logs?
>
> Also, are you using the latest 4.1?
>
> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Davide Ferrari <davide at billymob.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 02/11/17 12:00, Davide Ferrari wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a faulty host that keeps rebooting itself from time to time
>>> (due to HW issues), that is/was part of the 3 hosts group hosting the
>>> HostedEngine, and now it always appears as "Kdumping" in the web
>>> administration panel.
>>>

>> Hello again
>>
>> no idea anybody about at least how to reset this "kdumping" status?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Davide Ferrari
>> Lead System Engineer