[ovirt-users] Host Power Management Configuration questions

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 09:06:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Artem Tambovskiy <
artem.tambovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to configure power management for a certain host and fence agent
> always fail when I'm pressing Test button.
>
>  At the same time from command line on the same host all looks good:
>
> [root at ovirt ~]# fence_ipmilan -a 172.16.22.1 -l user -p pwd -o status -v
> -P
> Executing: /usr/bin/ipmitool -I lanplus -H 172.16.22.1 -p 623 -U user -P
> pwd -L ADMINISTRATOR chassis power status
>
> 0 Chassis Power is on

> [root at ovirt ~]#
>
> What could be the reason?
>
> Regards,
> Artem

What do you put in options line of the configuration window for power mgmt
when you test?

In my case with Dell M610 blades, it works with ipmilan agent and setting
this

privlvl=operator,lanplus=on

I think in your case you need at least "lanplus=on" that shouldn't be the
default of the command executed.

I see that your command line seems to expand in "-L ADMINISTRATOR".
In my case in iDRAC for the blade I have configured my dedicate fencing
user with privilege capped to operator

HIH,
Gianluca