[ovirt-users] how to clean stuck task

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:00:00 UTC 2017

In the mean time, as I had to give an answer for the snapshotted VM, I
decided to follow one of the suggestions to run engine-setup and so also to
pass my engine from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7.
And indeed the 2 stale tasks have been cleaned.
The lock symbol has gone away from the apex VM too.

Probably the steps solving the problems were these during engine-setup:

[ INFO  ] Cleaning async tasks and compensations
[ INFO  ] Unlocking existing entities

Does this mean that in general I can also run engine-setup without
upgrading at all? Is the clean part run also in that case or only during
effective upgrades?

I initiated a clone of the taken snapshot on apex VM and it seems to go
correctly and in task pane I see only that task and no more.

In SPM now I have indeed

[root at ov300 ~]# vdsClient -s 0 getAllTasksStatuses
{'status': {'message': 'OK', 'code': 0}, 'allTasksStatus':
{'20fa401f-b6f8-43f5-b0fd-6767d46e2335': {'message': 'running job 1 of 1',
'code': 0, 'taskID': '20fa401f-b6f8-43f5-b0fd-6767d46e2335', 'taskResult':
'', 'taskState': 'running'}}}

[root at ov300 ~]#

It should take about half an hour to complete and I will see.

Anyway in my opinion it would be nice to have some more in deep
documentation about how to run taskcleaner.sh or simply officially say to
leave it to developers if this is the intended case (or to Red Hat support
in case of RHEV usage)

Cheers,
Gianluca