[ovirt-users] Trouble Connecting ISCSI Storage to Hosted Engine VM

Kyle Conti kconti at boston-engineering.com
Tue Nov 14 14:44:14 UTC 2017

Sending this again in case I sent this prior to being fully setup as an ovirt-user subscriber (received confirmation after I sent). If you did receive this already, my apologies:

Hello,

I'm brand new to Ovirt and trying to get my Hosted Engine setup configured with ISCSI storage. I have ~8TB usable storage available on an LVM partition. This storage is on the same server that is hosting the ovirt engine virtual machine. After I use the discovery/sendtargets command via Centos 7 engine vm, it shows the correct IQN. When I use ovirt's storage discovery in GUI, I can see the storage IQN just fine as well, but when I try to connect to it, I get the following:

"Error while executing action: Failed to login to iSCSI node due to authorization failure"

Is NFS recommended instead when trying to connect the storage from server host to Ovirt Engine VM? There is nothing in this storage domain yet. This is a brand new setup.

One other thing to note...I have iscsi storage working with a NAS for my ISO storage domain. I don't want to use the NAS for the virtual machine storage domain. What's so different about the Ovirt Engine vm?

Any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know If I'm taking the wrong approach here, or I'm trying to do something that this system is not meant to do.

Regards,

KC