[ovirt-users] Some tests results: lustrefs over nfs on VM

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 17:08:44 UTC 2017

Hi, in our environment we got pretty good io performance on VM, with
following configuration:
lustrebox: /lust mounted on "GATEWAY" over IB
GATEWAY: export /lust as nfs4 on 10G interface
VM(test.vm): import as NFS over 10G interface

[root at test.vm <root at gans.vm> ~]# dd  if=/dev/zero bs=128K count=100000
of=/test/tmp/test.tmp
100000+0 records in
100000+0 records out
13107200000 bytes (13 GB) copied, 20.8402 s, 629 MB/s
looks promising for the future deployments.

only one problem remains that on heavy io I get some wornings that the vm
network is saturated, are there way to configure the bandwidth limits to
10G for the VM Interface??

thank you beforehand,
Arman.