[ovirt-users] Some tests results: lustrefs over nfs on VM

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 11:40:36 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > Define QoS on the NIC.
> > But I think you wish to limit IO, no?
> > Y.
> >
> For the moment QoS is unlimited.
> Actually for some tasks I wish to allocate 80% of 10Gbit interface,
> but the VM interface is always 1Gbit.

The VM interface is virtual. It's not limited or set to 1G. Due to some
ancient Windows certification requirements (that required that an interface
would have a defined speed!), 1G was set for it.

> Inside the QoS of the host interface I cannot put 8000 for the Rate
> Limit, it claims that rate limit should be between number 1...1024,
> looks like it assumes only 1Gbit interfaces?

I kinda remember we had this issue in the past - and it was fixed - please
file a bug so we'll look at it.
Y.