[ovirt-users] Failed to open grubx64.efi

Yuval Turgeman yuvalt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 10:05:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I checked a little more, anaconda uses blivet to detect if the machine is
EFI for its boot partition requirements, and blivet checks if
/sys/firmware/efi exists [1].
The kernel registers /sys/firmware/efi only if EFI_BOOT is enabled [2], and
this is set in on setup, when the kernel searches for an EFI loader
signature
in boot_params [3] (the signatures are defined as "EL32" and "EL64").

You can access boot_params under /sys/kernel/boot_params/data, so if you
want
to understand what's going on with your machine, you can try to use strings
see if it's enabled while running anaconda - on my test machine it looks
like this:

[anaconda root at localhost ~]# strings /sys/kernel/boot_params/data

EL64

fHdrS

Hope this helps :)
Yuval.