[ovirt-users] oVirt node and NFS

Magnus Isaksson magnus at vmar.se
Wed Nov 22 07:50:17 UTC 2017

Hi Shani,

I am currently using NFS shares on this oVirt node 4.1.6 host without problem, i only have one host at the moment so it is setup with self-hosted-engine.
But it is when I want to access these NFS shares from another host/client that I cannot connect.
So when I run “Iptables -L” I can see that the NFS port are not open.
# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:54321
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:54322
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:sunrpc
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:sunrpc
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:snmp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:websm
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:16514
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports rockwell-csp2
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports rfb:6923
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports 49152:49216
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:6081
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             PHYSDEV match ! --physdev-is-bridged reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:6081

My first thought was to check with firewalld, but that is not running, so how are these iptables rules set? And how do I add an opening for NFS?
I have checked that troubleshooting guide but it have no info about this.

Regards
Magnus Isaksson