[ovirt-users] Error when installing a node

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Nov 23 12:37:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 1:48 PM, José Manuel Noguerol <nogue at hotmail.es> wrote:

> Hi all. I’ve just created this new mail due to I wasn’t subscribed before.
>
> To sum up my problem.
>
> I have two VMs in VMWare (MAC). Both of then have the same Centos7 version.
>
> On one hand, I have installed and running the ovirt-engine. Everything is ok in this VM because I can access to the Ovirt web.
>
> On the other hand, I have a Centos7 node.
> I did completed this tutorial: https://ovirt.org/documentation/install-guide/appe-Configuring_a_Hypervisor_Host_for_PCI_Passthrough/
>
> And then I’m sure I followed every step carefully but I am stuck at the end of this guide
> https://ovirt.org/documentation/install-guide/chap-Adding_a_Hypervisor/
> Getting this answer:
>

> I have this option checked in both VMs:

The error window says that 'grubby' failed.

Please check/share host-deploy logs on the engine to try to find out why.
These are in /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy.

Also, generally it's better to copy/paste snippets of logs than to attach
screenshots - text in screenshots can't be searched, copy/pasted, etc.
On the engine machine, most relevant logs are somewhere under /var/log/ovirt*.
On hosts, there are regular libvirt logs, and oVirt-specific ones are in
/var/log/vdsm (and /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine* for hosted-engine).

Best regards,

> Thanks everybody for your time!
> Regards,
> Jose.