[ovirt-users] extending cloud Images in oVirt

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sat Nov 25 14:21:07 UTC 2017

On 23 November 2017 at 20:41, Artem Tambovskiy
<artem.tambovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question indirectly releted to Ovirt. I need to move one old setup
> into VM running in oVirt cluster. The VM was based on on Debian 8.9, so I
> took a Debian cloude image from
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/8.9.8-20171105/ uploaded it
> into my cluster and attached it to VM. All looks good but ... the disk shows
> only 2G and indeed ned more disk space. I tried to edit and add more space -
> and it didnt work.
>
> Any ideas how to extend those cloud images?

While you can resize the underlying disk, but extending the root
filesystem can be a bit tricky (It can be done locally with
virt-resize, but AFAIK oVirt does not provide a UI or an API to run it
after the image had been uploaded).

We typically just add an extra disk and mount it where we need extra space.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi