[ovirt-users] Some roles management issues

Paolo Margara paolo.margara at polito.it
Mon Nov 27 11:36:02 UTC 2017

Hi list,
access policy to my system has changed recently and now I've to manage
non admin users allowed to create VMs only on selected resources.

Unfortunately this condition was not expected years ago when the system
was installed and so all VNic profiles was created with the option
"Allow all users to use this Profile", there is a way to edit this
settings after a VNic profile was created or I need to create a new one
and set all VMs to use that? The same procedure is applicable also for
the network used by the hosted engine?

I've tried to remove the "VNicProfileUser" role assigned to "Everyone"
for a particular VNic profile but by doing only this users continue to
see the logical network in the select box of the VM creation form but
they cannot use it getting an error when they effectively create a VM
clicking OK (that is quite annoying because it seems a configuration
problem).

I've also noted that the role "DiskProfileUser" was assigned on storage
domain object and to some unknown null object for "Everyone", there is
some reason why some roles are assigned to null? I could safely remove them?

Greetings,

    Paolo