[ovirt-users] VDSM multipath.conf - prevent automatic management of local devices

Ben Bradley listsbb at virtx.net
Mon Nov 27 22:23:59 UTC 2017

On 23/11/17 06:46, Maton, Brett wrote:
> Might not be quite what you're after but adding
>
> # RHEV PRIVATE
>
> To /etc/multipath.conf will stop vdsm from changing the file.

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.
Yes I am aware of that and it seems that's what I will have to do.
I have no problem with VDSM managing the file, I just wish it didn't
automatically load local storage devices into multipathd.

I'm still not clear on the purpose of this automatic management though.
 From what I can tell there is no difference to hosts/clusters made
through this automatic management - i.e. you still have to add storage
domains manually in oVirt.

Could anyone give any info on the purpose of this auto-management of
local storage devices into multipathd in VDSM?
Then I will be able to make an informed decision as to the benefit of
letting it continue.

Thanks, Ben