[ovirt-users] Convert local storage domain to shared

Demeter Tibor tdemeter at itsmart.hu
Wed Nov 29 15:39:29 UTC 2017

Dear Users,

We have an old ovirt3.5 install with a local and a shared clusters. Meanwhile we created a new data center, that based on 4.1 and it use only shared infrastructure.
I would like to migrate an big VM from the old local datacenter to our new, but I don't have enough downtime.

Is it possible to convert the old local storage to shared (by share via NFS) and attach that as new storage domain to the new cluster?
I just want to import VM and copy (while running) with live storage migration function.

I know, the official way for move vms between ovirt clusters is the export domain, but it has very big disks.

What can I do?

Thanks

Tibor