[ovirt-users] Fedora support (was: [ANN] oVirt 4.2.0 Second Beta Release is now available for testing)

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 10:21:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Blaster <Blaster at 556nato.com> wrote:
> Is Fedora not supported anymore?
>
> I've read the release notes for the 4.2r2 beta and 4.1.7, they mention
> specific versions of RHEL and CentOS, but only mention Fedora by name, with
> no specific version information.

We currently have too many problems with fedora to call it even 'Technical
Preview', as was done in the past.

You can still use the nightly snapshots, and most things work, more-or-less,
with some issues having known workarounds. See e.g.:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1460625&hide_resolved=1

And also:

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2017-August/030990.html

(not sure that one is still relevant for Fedora 27, didn't check recently).

> On 11/15/2017 9:17 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote
>

> This release is available now on x86_64 architecture for:
>
> * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 or later
>
> * CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.4 or later
>

> This release supports Hypervisor Hosts on x86_64 and ppc64le architectures
> for:
>
> * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 or later
>
> * CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.4 or later
>
> * oVirt Node 4.2 (available for x86_64 only)
>
> tp://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Didi