[ovirt-users] Proper Network Configuration

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 21:49:09 UTC 2017

Greetings,

For various reasons I have multiple networks that I am required to work
with. I just want to ensure that I've understood the documentation for
setting up Ovirt correctly.

- First is my BMC/ilo network. The security team wants as few entry
points into this as possible and wants as much segregation as possible.

- Second is my "management" access network. For my other machines on
this network this means admin-SSH/rsyslog/SaltStack configuration
management/ect.

- Third is my high speed network where my NFS storage sits and
applications that need the bandwidth do their thing.

- Fourth is my "public" access.

My Engine host has the "management" and "public" networks.
My Hypervisor hosts have the "BMC/ilo", "management", and "storage"
networks.

Is there a reason why I should add "public" on the hypervisors?

Is there a reason why I may need "BMC/ilo" or "storage" on the Engine host?

Thanks!
~Stack~