[ovirt-users] OVN and change of mgmt network

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:15:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Marcin Mirecki <mmirecki at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello Gianluca,
>
> Please check on the engine what hosts are registered on ovn-north:
> #ovn-sbctl show
>
> For each registered host you should see something like:
>    Chassis "69b6b2a6-5afb-4908-8d66-c648cbe09ba8"
>        hostname: "f43"
>        Encap geneve
>            ip: "192.168.120.43"
>
> I would assume you have some unwanted entries there (10.4.168.74)
>
> To get rid of this please use:
> # ovn-sbctl chassis-del <chassis id>    // for example: ovn-sbctl
> chassis-del 69b6b2a6-5afb-4908-8d66-c648cbe09ba8
>
> Please let me know if this helps.
>
> Note also that you would have to runplug/plug any vnics on any vm's you
> have on those two hosts.
>
> Marcin

Hello Marcin.
it worked like a charm.. ;-)

The "show" option of the command returned 4 chassis:
- 3 are of running oVirt hosts that I notice have been automatically
updated after the  "vdsm-tool ovn-config ..." command run on them (their
dns name has remained the same)
- the leftover one
After removing it with the suggested command it disappeared both from
engine (ovn-sbctl show) and from hosts (ovs-vsctl show)

I'm going to power on some VMs with their nics on OVN and see if all is ok.
Thank you very much.

Gianluca