[ovirt-users] Killing Zombie or hungTasks

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Wed Oct 4 04:15:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

We attempted to import a VM from export domain and that failed for some
reason. However the import task or the activity never ended in spite of
throwing an error. Even after 4 full days, on the VM an Hour glass was
shown and it kept reporting, hung task.

Finally we had to run engine-update, that removed Zombie tasks and VM
started showing as DOWN and we could remove the VM.

I believe, this is not the right process to remove the zombie tasks or
hung tasks. Is there a better method without running "engine-update"?

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava