[ovirt-users] Issues with Windows 7 VM

Marc Turner marct at wolfram.com
Thu Oct 5 13:29:18 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm a Systems Administrator at Wolfram Research, and we've been having an issue with a Windows 7 x64 VM.  This is a new VM with a newly created Cinder VM image attached to it, which was working without issue last week.  Earlier today I performed a Windows update and shutdown the VM.  When trying to start it back up, it does nothing but fail with the message "Failed to start VM on host.  We have several VM hosts set up, so it will bounce around between a few of them, failing each time before giving up entirely.

Myself and another SysAdmin have looked through the logs and have not been able to find any reason as to why this VM won't start.  No other VM's are having problems, and Cinder is working correctly.  If you would have any idea as to why this is happening, or where we could look to figure out what may be going on, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Marc Turner
Systems Administrator
Wolfram Research