[ovirt-users] Info on manual operations after removing FC storage domain

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 11:29:27 UTC 2017

On Oct 6, 2017 2:41 PM, "Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I'm relocating some disks from some storage domains to other ones.
At the end I'm going to remove source storage domains.
All the SD involved are FC and the hosts are CentOS 7.4
I see that after removing an SD from oVirt, the multipath part on host
remains.
What is the correct sequence of operations to do at hosts' side after
completing the Webadmin Gui part?

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/storage_administration_guide/removing_devices

(which seems to be similar to your steps below. I'd remove it from the
storage side after flushing though).
Y.

Some questions:
- do the remove SD from gui imply vgchange -an of the VG and vgremove of
the vg?
Or are they delegated to post actions?

- do it imply the pvremove on the LUN?

After clearing what above I would imagine remaining steps would be, based
on my previous similar experience with iSCSI removal on physical servers:

- take note of the paths sdY, ... of mpathX

- remove the multipath device with
multipath -f mpathX

- flush the single paths devices
blockdev --flushbufs sdY for every path of the previous taken note ones

- remove single path devices
echo 1 > /sys/block/sdY/device/delete

- remove LUN from storage array
when previous steps done on all the hypervisors

Any comment?
Any further step at vdsm level files..?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca