[ovirt-users] MoM is failing!!!

Erekle Magradze erekle.magradze at recogizer.de
Mon Oct 16 13:21:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

It's getting clear now, indeed momd service is disabled

● momd.service - Memory Overcommitment Manager Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/momd.service; static; vendor
preset: disabled)
    Active: inactive (dead)

mom-vdsm is enable and running.

● mom-vdsm.service - MOM instance configured for VDSM purposes
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mom-vdsm.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Mon 2017-10-16 15:14:35 CEST; 1min 3s ago
  Main PID: 27638 (python)
    CGroup: /system.slice/mom-vdsm.service
            └─27638 python /usr/sbin/momd -c /etc/vdsm/mom.conf

The reason why I came up with digging in mom problems is the following
problem

*VDSM hostname command GetStatsVDSThanks failed: Connection reset by peer*

that is causing fencing of the node where the failure is happening, what
could be the reason of GetStatsVDS failure?

Best Regards
Erekle