[ovirt-users] How to remove a MAC Pool from a cluster?

Michael Burman mburman at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 10:34:06 UTC 2017

Hello James,

The way to do it is to assign a new MAC pool range to this cluster and then
to remove it.
This can be done via - Administration > Configure > MAC addresses pool -
There you can create/edit and remove MAC pool range entities.
So create another desired MAC pool range, assign it to the cluster(via edit
cluster) and remove the desired MAC pool range from the system.

Cheers)

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM, James Michels <
karma.sometimes.hurts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to remove a MAC Pool that seems to be assigned to a cluster and
> I can't. Opening Configure - MAC Address pools and chosing the MAC Pool to
> remove causes this warning:
>
> Error while executing action: Cannot remove MAC Pool. Several Clusters (1)
> are using this MAC Pool:
> Cluster2
> - Please remove it from all Clusters that are using it and try again.
>
> How can I do so? I don't see a way to unassign a MAC Pool from a cluster.
>
> Thank you
>
> James

Michael Burman

Quality engineer - rhv network - redhat israel

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com>

mburman at redhat.com    M: 0545355725     IM: mburman
<https://red.ht/sig>