[ovirt-users] High availability when both engine host and host with application vm failed

Sergei Hanus getallad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:21:18 UTC 2017

I want to make a setup, when workload is distributed between two sites are
high availability mechanism protects from one site failure, restarting vms
on another site.

Scenario I use:
1. Poweroff hosted engine host, and then host with highly-available vm
2. Engine comes back on another site (which is fine).
3. What I expect, engine finds, that there's a host not available with HA
vms, and restart these vms on another host. But, I only see in logs, that
engine reports, that it cannot connect to that host
(java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host).

Whel I poweroff just server with app vm, High Availability works correctly,
performs fencing and restarts vm on another host.

I use release 4.1 from RedHat.

Has anyone faced similar issue? And, if yes, how could that be
toubleshooted?

 Thank you in advance,

Sergei.